1. Be Creative- A dull, boring product or service gets lost in the shuffle. Create, design, and refine something that distinguishes you from the crowd. Brainstorm with people you know as well as with strangers. Construct a plan of action and move forward once you have a clear concept that is ready for takeoff.
2. Do your research- As an example, if you are creating a new type of custom t-shirt, go out to stores and check out the competition. Make sure you are not infringing on designs or copyrights of what is already out there. See what is trending in stores and online to check out what the market is buying and selling.
3. Decide what makes you different from the rest- This is key when you are coming up with a marketing strategy to get people to buy your custom product/service. For example, focusing on the fact that you custom manufacture everything in-house is a great selling point. It not only helps you control your costs, but it also allows for your customer to really interact with you and help make some final decisions.
4. Don’t Rush- Rome wasn’t built in a day. Your custom product probably can’t be either. Take the extra time and energy to double, triple, and quadruple check the quality of the product or service you are putting out there. Going the extra mile always gets noticed by customers.
6. Fail- All successful people know that with success comes failure. Even Steve Jobs once failed at Apple before he came back years later and made the company the success it is today. If this is the first ever product or service you are trying to startup, don’t let an unsuccessful first try discourage you from chasing your dream. It’s all about trial and error. Keep trying until you create the right recipe for success.
For more information about our products and services, please visit our website at www.sharndisplays.com, follow us on Twitter, and “Like” us on Facebook!