This St. Patrick’s Day, there are a many different ways to celebrate the culture and heritage of the Irish population. People dress in green and attend parades and festivals, such as the Irish Day Parade in Chicago. Irish food and parties are celebrated in pubs.
There are many different symbols that represent St Patrick’s Day. The most common symbol is the shamrock. Other symbols include:
- Almost anything green.
- The green, orange and white flag of the Republic of Ireland.
- Brands of beer associated with Irish culture.
- Religious symbols including snakes and serpents.
- The harp, which was used in Ireland for centuries.
- The leprechaun and a pot of gold that it hides.
We at Sharn Enterprises would like to wish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day! Even though many St. Patrick’s Day celebrations were held last weekend, we found a couple of fun things that you can still do today. Sláinte!
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Irish American Heritage Center
- Time: 12:00 noon – 8:00 pm
- Location: Irish American Heritage Center (4626 N. Knox Avenue)
- Tickets: $10 adults; free for children 12 & under
- Location: Citywide
“A Proud American Manufacturer”