As this year is quickly coming to a close, we look forward to a terrific 2017 for Sharn Enterprises! We are not just hoping for a good year in 2017, we have been planning for that good year for months now. You see, if you’re just kind of crossing your fingers, hoping that the current state of the economy won’t affect your business, that your existing customers will still buy from you, or that recent political changes won’t hurt the economy, you’re off to a bad start. If you’re just wishing for good luck, then I remind you about this famous quotation,“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity”.
Here are just a couple of important tips points that we would like to share with you.
- Set realistic goals. Recognize that any business has both strengths and weaknesses. Most businesses also have their particular product and sales niche’s. So consider how to emphasize your company’s strengths to get more sales, and work on improving any negatives. Drop what’s not working for you and move on.
- Sales are the most important part of any business, so begin the planning there. Consider your overall marketing strategy for 2017. What approaches will you take? Here are just a few to consider: social media marketing, traditional newspaper and magazine adds, or snail mail.
- Make business planning a weekly event. You can’t just establish plans in January and try to stick with them throughout the entire year. Your plans need to be reviewed each week to see how you’re doing against your plan, and then “tweaked” as circumstances change. We find that two of the most important things to review each and every week are the amount of incoming sales compared to your forecast as well as a weekly cash flow analysis. We suggest you start there. Don’t let old plans dictate how things are done. Reevaluating decisions allow for a fresh start.
- Don’t just make do. If there is a piece of equipment in your plant/office that’s not running properly, bite the bullet and get it repaired or replaced. Make the investment that will contribute to the overall efficiency of your business.
- Finally, Network, Network, Network. Get out and talk to your existing customers. Visit or join other organizations where you can meet new people. Go to industry trade shows. That very next new person that you meet might just become your biggest customer!
There certainly are a lot of other planning ideas to consider that I have not listed here, but these are among the most important ones to begin with. Perhaps you have some helpful tips that you would like to pass on to others for the benefit of everyone else. Comment below on how you plan to improve your business next year. Sharn Enterprises want to wish you and your business a very successful 2017!
For more information on our products and services visit our website http://www.sharndisplays.com.
A Proud American Manufacturer
Sharn Enterprises Inc. @sharnenterprisesinc